Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Workouts

Saturday: The open water swim didn't happen. It rained that morning so when I showed up to the meeting point, only one other person showed - the guy who organized it. He was running a fever and had an ironman in a week so we agreed that the best thing was for him to go back to bed. I'd do an OWS another time. Instead, I ran an easy 2 miles and called it a day.

Sunday: I was planning to do a long bike ride but I'd been reading a Jeff Galloway book in which he repeatedly recommends lots of rest, building slowly, etc., so I decided to take a rest day instead.

Monday: The tri club I've been hoping to join met for their first group recovery run of the season yesterday morning so I tagged along. Recovery run my ass! I spent much of the 4.5 miles at (my) race pace. My knees and hips were not impressed but at least now I know I can do a 5k at around 26:30. Also did 30 min. upper body weights in the evening.

Tuesday: Rest day or easy bike ride to help my legs recover from Monday's run.

No comments:

Post a Comment