Friday, October 2, 2009

Ladies & Gentlemen...

The trainer has arrived. After several failed attempts on Craigslist and an almost-fail on this one (fortunately at the last minute she found the missing parts!), my trainer has been picked up by a coworker, driven 1.5 hours to my office, and delivered to me. Oh, sweet, sweet victory. And sweet coworker. I offered him lunch for his troubles; he accepted a latte.

Without further ado, meet Grant Grant, after the meat-hungry alien slug monster in the classic 2006 documentary, Slither, with Nathan Fillion as Bill Pardy:














His name comes from the fact that the mat I bought to put him on is called a MonsterMat. You have to have a monster to put on a monster mat, right?

Grant is a 2007 Kurt Kinetic Rock 'n Roll trainer. He also came with his own riser ring and Spinervals DVD. Thank you, Craigslist, and thank you, woman who moved into an apartment and no longer had room to ride her trainer and decided to sell it for a very, very reasonable price. Yeah, it's only a week out from my race, but what can ya do.

Today after work I will clear out my dining room table and give Grant an opportunity to show me what he's made of. Okay, not really. He will probably kick my ass in like 10 minutes. And turn me into a zombie.

No comments:

Post a Comment