Sunday, September 20, 2009

Garage, meet Dining Room Table.

I bought a gently used bike trainer on Craigslist. It's a CycleOps Mag Trainer plus climbing riser block and training DVD. I haven't gotten it yet but I'm excited about using it and building quads of steel.















Because I live in a small townhouse, my lovely dining room table, which I never use, will be relocating to the garage. That way I can do my riding in view of the TV and annoy D while he's playing video games. Home decor takes one for the team.

I really wanted a Kurt Kinetic Road Machine but those things are crazy! pricey so this will do for now. Maybe it'll be an option one day once I've proven to be a dedicated little triathlete.

It's been 4.5 days since I last exercised (with the exception of some WWS - walking while shopping) due to my back. I've handled it pretty well aside from eating a lot of pizza and dessert. The back is feeling much better now although my right leg still feels a bit off. We'll see how it does tomorrow. I'm not really sure how to ease back into my running training plan after missing one tempo run and one long run? I guess I'll try an easy 2 miles tomorrow and upper body weights at the gym and go from there. Tuesday will be swimming, which shouldn't be a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment