Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday

Monday - My legs were fairly sore from Sunday's run so I took it easy and just did 30 min. lifting at the gym. I got lightheaded while working out even though I'd eaten a cup of yogurt + almond butter + farmer's market granola + flax seeds + banana beforehand (and had steadily snacked before that). I think my body was still recovering from the six miles on Sunday (my longest so far) and needed more fuel than usual.

Tuesday - My left thigh has been slightly achy around the IT band off and on for a few weeks so I've been keeping an eye on it. It's still a tad sore today and my back is also sort of achy so I'm going to push my easy 2 miler to tomorrow.

Probably being overly cautious but the last thing I want to do is ignore pre-injury signs and then get an injury right before my last two races of the season. I'm going to err on the side of too much rest over the next few weeks and will probably need to relax my race performance expectations. It's all good, though.

However, I'm still hitting up swim practice tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment